As a small business owner, you don’t take lightly the choice of where to allocate your marketing budget.
You’re aware that you need to draw in new clients and keep your current ones coming back. But you can’t afford to spend time or money on an activity that will not give the best results. This is why email marketing is crucial for small businesses.
Understanding the advantages of email marketing can help you decide if it’s the appropriate move. One factor and probably the most important one to consider is that email marketing has the highest ROI (return on investment) of all forms of marketing. It averages about $44 in return for every $1 spent.
Email marketing is worth your time and money for other reasons in addition to ROI. The ability to reach customers in their inbox, which the majority of people visit daily is what makes email marketing so crucial in growing your business.
Here are some of the top reasons to use email for your small business:
- There are 4 billion daily email users. — This means that the likelihood of your customers not getting solicited by your competitors is slim to none.
- 33% of marketers send weekly emails and 26% send emails multiple times per month.
- Email is almost 40 times more effective than Facebook and Twitter combined in helping your business acquire new customers.
- Smartphone users prefer to receive brand communications via email.
- According to 80 percent of professionals, email marketing drives customer acquisition and retention.
WHY IS EMAIL IMPORTANT?
- In addition to keeping you in front of individuals who want to hear from you, it also enables you to inform your customers, increase traffic to your location or website, conduct a survey or questionnaire, and make announcements. And that’s just the beginning!
- Create once and repurpose. Since Google loves fresh new website content and shows that love by ranking your site higher, you can repurpose the content of your email newsletter to update your website blog. You can also use the same content to post on your social media accounts directing potential readers to your website.
- Increase Sales — 60% of consumers state that they have made a purchase as the result of a marketing message they received by email. Promoting your business through email gives your potential customers the opportunity to purchase your products, schedule and appointment or request a quote right from their inbox.
- Build Customer Loyalty — When you help your customer’s lives by offering exclusive savings, helpful tip or even just a “happy birthday” message, they’ll appreciate it and remember you the next time they need your product or service.
- Increase Website Traffic — Emails are a great way to help your customers get to your website. When you include links to your website within your email, you’re sending customers to your website to learn more. Most email newsletters will only include part of the story with “read more” link that open you site blog page to read the rest. And at the end of the story they’ll find a stagically placed message that encourages them to take action. Whether it’s buy, schedule or request more, it keeps your customers engaged with your brand.
The truth is that you need to stay in continuous contact with your current and potential customers. In businesses today we are expected to do just that. By establishing an ongoing consistent relationship between your company and your email subscribers, you’ll find that YES email marketing is worth every bit of your time!
Ready to get started with email marketing?
We can help. LeadUp.Solutions offers both DIY and Done For You marketing and email solutions. For more information visit our website, LeadUp.Solutions. Schedule you FREE 30 minute marketing discovery call, where we can show you the tools available to launch your email marketing campaign.